Translate

Friday 30 March 2012

Question on Protein & Carbohydrates

One of our Newsletter readers today contacted me to let me know that she had recently had a check up and was happy, however had a question. I thought the answer may benefit others reading my blog too, so here it is...

"I went to my Doctor for a checkup Wednesday he took some blood samples to see how is my blood sugar. And he is happy with my new weight, I got the results back today my blood sugar is normal and he said I must follow a high Protein diet I have to much Carbohydrates in my body. So can you tell me what kind of food/ Veggies and fruits is high in protein and low in Carbohydrates?

Thanks for the help."


Hi [blanked for privacy],

Great news on the advice from your doctor.

The Carbohydrates and Proteins inbalance is easy enought to get back on track.

Foods that are high in Carbohydrates are foods such as breads, and pasta dishes so try to reduce the intake on these.

Foods that are great for protein are things like chicken and turkey breasts, so you could have some chicken salads for example. Also naturally oily fish is great for protein and also rich in the healthy Omega 3. So include fish such as Tuna, Macarel, Salmon, Sardines, etc into your diet if you can.

Lentil type beans are rich in protein but not as high as the amount from Chicken or Eggs as eggs also are great for protein intake.

Also nuts such as peanuts, almonds, and pistachios are great for protein. They are great as a snack and keep hunger at bay too.

Also yeast extract (marmite) is very rich in protein but you either love it or hate it :)

Fruits and Veg don't really fit into the carohydrates or protein catagories however some have small trace amounts in them. Try to balance your variety of fruit and veg so that you can get more of the micro minerals available from the choice available and remember to avoid processed foods as much as you can.

I hope this helps :)

If you wish to join out Newsletter too, simply fill out the form at the top right of this page!



Feel free to post your opinion on this topic. If you like this post please use the buttons below to share it with others. Also don't forget to join the "Your Health Kick" newsletter.

Check out this Video explaining why it's so difficult to lose weight, especially for women!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion about this? Why not share it with the world.